Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Muse

For once my creative muse is visiting.

I'm hoping this isn't a fleeting visit, that she will actually find a comfy seat and settle in for a while.

I think though I am filled with a new batch of ideas, I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm working on one of the largest pieces I have made (it really isn't that large, but for me it is) and of course, even though instinct told me to anchor things down, I didn't. And so now the bezel has soldered on slightly askew.

The perfectionist within says 'sorry, but you are just going to have to make it right, it's not good enough. Fix. It.' Though I worry if I do go in again and try to realign it, I might just ruin it altogether. I hate that part about soldering. I have some Yellow Ochre powder which I might have to slather all over the parts I can't have reflowing. Hoping with all hope that I can fix it, or it is going to be a very expensive scrap piece :(

Below are the latest things I have finished:


















My favourite things to make would be the pendants you see above. I've always loved pieces with some weight to them and these all have just that. And the piece I am working on right now is even heavier, so I must make it work!!

Well that pendant isn't going to be fixed with me sitting here now is it?! Must get on with it :)

Have a wonderful day
Em ♥

4 comments:

Cinnamon Jewellery said...

These are really stunning pieces!

I know what you mean about being scared about ruining everything, I have the same thing going on in my head if I have to "correct" something. I recently soldered a piece of tube as a bail to a pendant but it wasn't in the centre and sat too far forward so I just had to re-do it otherwise it would've bugged me every time I looked at it. I resoldered it ok and nothing fell apart!:D

Gale said...

Every detail on your owl pendant is just beautiful! I'd say your muse and the solder have been playing nicely together!!!

littlecherryhill said...

Thank you Tracy!!
I got the askew piece off and am going to make something else to go in it's spot. It's nice when things to right after going wrong :)

littlecherryhill said...

Thank you very much Gale, usually I don't have too much issue - but when I ignore my instincts I guess I get what I deserve :) But all is well that ends well!