Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 3 Already...

I'm just hoping this year doesn't go as fast as last year did. 
I have made no resolutions. They never stick. 
But I have made some goals. And those I will be seeing through. 

The Hubs and I spent New Years Day doing loads of housie things that needed to be done. I used his big surface cleaning machine on our back tiled patio and cleaned it right up...it looks great out there! Just need a nice set of chairs now :)

Then hubs water blasted all the windows/screens of the house. One of those ended in disaster as it was a louvered window that wasn't quite shut (in our ensuite) and sadly it was the dirtiest window in the entire house (we have LOTS of windows). So cutting a long story short, approx half of that bathroom was covered in wet clumps of dust/dirt and I'm talking everything, from ceiling to floor. Fortunately it cleaned up relatively easily and you wouldn't know it happened now......but making a note for the future lol

I haven't been at the bench in weeks now. I just really haven't felt it. In my head I have all these ideas and things I want to try - you know...the usual. But I just haven't felt the connection with my hands and metal to bother. 
This morning I went out there and cleaned up cobwebs and dead flies and tiny strips of discarded sandpaper (it is the garage remember) and now it's looking okay and I've been sort of feeling the itch to get out there and make things again....so hopefully soon that will happen?...

Summer has a cold :(
Dog was sick for a couple of days, but is now over it thank goodness!
Other than that, all is well with our little piece of the world. 
How was your beginning to the new year?? 
Hope it was nice :)
Em ♥

4 comments:

Gemheaven said...

I'm the same Em ~ I feel the itch to get out there but sadly my tax return is due..... hopefully it won't be long for either of us xx

littlecherryhill said...

I got out there a little yesterday and today...I think slow and steady is the key for me :) Hope it goes quickly for you, so you can get back to it!!

GetSilvered said...

I know exactly how you feel. I just managed to finish a project after a month away from the bench.
Maybe the planets aren't aligning right for us metalworkers just yet - LOL
Hope you get right back into it soon!

littlecherryhill said...

Thanks Pam. I still haven't gotten in to it yet lol...I just haven't felt like it. Doesn't help that this weather is so awful either. It keeps me from attempting time at the bench :(