Monday, January 10, 2011

Worrying....

It's just gone 4pm and I'm sitting here on the couch with my laptop and things are not good over here in Queensland.

Hence the title...

There is flooding everywhere.

Fortunately no flooding where I live .... yet.

Lots of places are going under and many people are missing.

It's been rain, rain, rain and more rain. Normally I love the rain...but now it's just too much. The city in Brisbane is being evacuated. Since all the years living over here I haven't seen anything like this, this close to home.

Some time this afternoon/evening I am going to go out and get a few provisions...'just in case' anything were to happen where I live, we can get by for a bit. I am easy to freak out and I get super stressed easily too. So if I am organised for a worse case scenario, I will worry a 'little' less.

I'm thinking of all of those who have lost their loved ones or whos loved ones are missing....

This world is falling apart.......

7 comments:

Gemheaven said...

Thinking of you Emma xox

gallerydarrow said...

SCARY!!!! be safe, xo

SpiralStone said...

Oh how scary for you! I hope you're okay. These floods are just awful :(
Sending blue skies your way xx

Emily said...

Oh dear, that is just awful. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the very best for all!

Erin Jane - Erin Jane Designs said...

So scary, Emma. My thoughts are with you...take care.

Anonymous said...

Be safe - these floods are devastating. One of my customers who has become a good friend lives in Victoria and I haven't heard from her for more than a month - not typical for her...I am quite worried.

littlecherryhill said...

Thankyou all so much for your concern and wellwishes!! They are so much appreciated.

Sandi - I think the floods are only just starting to hit down there, not sure if they have yet, but I know they are in New South Wales thus far. It may just be that it's because it's the school holidays. I hope you hear from her soon.