Sunday, June 27, 2010

Done & Dusted.

Well we're finally into the new place and pretty much settled in. It has been a long 2 weeks since I last posted, but we got everything done. Moving gave us a good chance to sort through all the rubbish we have collected over the last 5 years and we got rid of as much of it as we could. We gave away what we could, the rest we threw away at the dump.

I almost have the new house together. I just have to set up my craft room and finish setting up my studio (in the garage again).

Because of the way the studio is situated, I have been able to already start making a couple of rings. Here is a picture of where my bench resides....


There are sliding doors at the back of the garage, where I can see out over the patio area and some of the back garden. So when Summer wants to go out and play (she mainly stays on patio) I can go out to the bench and create and still be able to keep an eye on her. It's a fabulous set up!!! Inside the garage there are normal walls and not the brick walls like the old house had. So I can hang a picture up and make it a little nicer. I am going to purchase a nice screen of some kind too, so I can make my space feel a little more separate from the rest of the garage and have it feel more like an actual room.

This house has double the cleaning for me, but as far as I am concerned....it's so worth it. I actually find myself enjoying the cleaning!! Oh and I have a real washing line too!! I hung out 2 loads of washing today for the first time in 5 years. It was great!! :)

Here is a picture of our front lounge area view, where we watch t.v. The whole bottom area of the house has high ceilings which I LOVE!....



NO neighbours across the road!!! Just lovely Bushy rainforesty area!! It has a fantastic feel and a great breeze comes in and we get to listen to some gorgeous birdies too!!

sigh....I love it here.... :)

7 comments:

Louise said...

Looks a very peaceful and calm place ............. just beautiful!

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

So glad you are getting settled in, the space looks beautiful...and what a great view from your bench! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, congrats, it looks lovely, especially your set up for your studio!

Amy Nicole said...

Ah Em, Congratulations! The new place sounds perfect...I'm glad you are so happy!

Narelle said...

Yay, everything looks perfect.
Great to see you're settled & happy.
Now just watch those gorgeous pieces fly out from your bench!

gallerydarrow said...

What a gorgeous place it's sure to inspire! Best wishes, Rochelle

littlecherryhill said...

THANK YOU ladies!! It is a great place and we feel very fortunate to be able to live here. (spesh love my bench area :P)