Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Packing up.

Yes, I am packing already...premature as it is, I like to get things done asap! Both times that we have moved, I have been the only one to do the packing, the difference this time around, is that I have to take care of my 23 month old too....so it's going to make packing and moving a little more difficult.

Since I really am focusing on only 1 hobby right now, I am going to pack all my other things away. That way when it comes to really having to move, I don't have to stress big time, like I normally do :)

I am still waiting on a heap of parcels....I ordered some pure bees wax for my saw blades....I ordered boric acid to make my own firestain resist.....I am waiting on some findings......I am waiting on loads of cabochons.....and I am waiting on my first little try out pack of PMC3....and I am waiting on silver sheet and gold bezel etc.

Nothing is turning up...which is quite disappointing as I want to get on with making things for my shop.

And here are my little boxes ready for packaging things into. This was all I could find...so once I run out....


On a totally random note...I have an addiction to tea towels....this is my collection thus far, I am forever buying them...but then I won't use them, cuz they are too nice....




4 comments:

Dorinda said...

I'm late to comment on this I know--congrats on your first few Etsy sales :) I love working with PMC. It can be intimidating at first, but just have fun with it. The sky's the limits with PMC. I've been taking open studio classes for a year because I wasn't able to buy my own kiln, but I bought one a few days ago and it arrived yesterday. I just have to wait on using it for awhile til I can buy some needed kiln accessories not to mention PMC...I just don't have the money for everything all at once.

Unknown said...

Haha, love your random tea towel addiction! You make me laugh & I always hate when I'm late reading any of your posts. I collect containers I never use - jars, bottles, boxes, vases, etc. :D

Good luck w/ your packing! I've been the sole packer for all of our 12 moves, but I think it worked out for the best cuz Chris never remembers where anything is anyway. I hope all your goodies come very soon - you'll be swimming in supplies! I really can't wait to see what you do w/ the PMC. My hope is to start making my own molds of some of my bone collection & seed pods & things. Ordering the cold mold compound shortly. Have a great day, I really need to figure out what our time difference is. :)

littlecherryhill said...

Dorinda - Thank You. I am just trying out a little 10gm packet of PMC for now to see how I go. I wanted it so I can make my own little decorations for my jewelry as it's hard to always find what I want here. I am just going to torch fire it though. Have fun with your kiln wont you!!!

Kim - I have a few other things I am a hoarder of, but will save that for another post! I guess I am the sole packer in this house for much the same reason as you, plus it would NEVER get done if I left it to my husband to help. I think making your own molds of natural materials would be a great addition to your work!

Unknown said...

Haha, men! Thank you for the feedback about my mold-making plans. :) I got sick of online yesterday & ran away from the computer before I ordered, but I have every intention of doing so today. It's a bit more expensive than I thought tho, so I'm hunting down an eBay gift card I'm sure I have around here somewhere...