Monday, April 5, 2010

Night out at the movies.

It's got to be at least 2 or 3 years since hubby n I have been to a movie. We watch many of them at home as we have a pretty damn good home theater setup (thanks to hubby), so since having a child, we just haven't bothered going out to one. We used to go at least once a week, to see anything and everything. Since then, we have become much more fussy and hard to please when it comes to entertainment via movies.
So this afternoon/evening we went to see Avatar in 3d at the 'gold class' cinemas. They are the 'vip' type cinemas that have reclining armchairs and you can have hot food/coffee brought out to you and you get to sit together in a little nook...awww. Anywho, it was a great time out together....it's been soo long. The movie was very good (I can't stand wearing the glasses though) and we didn't have any stress, as Nanna was looking after our daughter.

To be honest, the beginning of the day was shite. Then we did the grocery shopping and went to the movies and it ended well.

Tomorrow I hope to put in my order for some new silver and some gold to try! I still haven't sorted the ring situation out...sigh...
I am going to order myself some PMC3. And I have a few ideas up my sleeve for other mediums to try.

In the meantime, I have these to post out tomorrow:



3 comments:

Louise said...

I love going to the cinema.....but have never heard of Gold Cinemas. Sounds sooooo good! I'm dying to see what new materials you are going to use and what you will come up with.

Amy Nicole said...

I'm feeling the call of PMC myself, and enamels, and lampworking and ..... I could go on and on. The price of the kiln scares me though. I think you can torch fire PMC and enamels though. This time of year always gets me wanting to try new things. That movie theater sounds totally cool. we don't get to the movies much either these days, unless you count the kids movies! I just took the girls to see How to train your dragon. I loved it! Have a great day Emma!

Unknown said...

Ugh, it's been forever since I've been to the movies [that anxiety thing]! Avatar almost got me there, but we watched at home. I'm glad you had a nice night out, you deserve it!

And so cool to hear you're getting some PMC! :D I absolutely loved making Chauncey. I was so happy the old kiln I got off eBay actually worked. For Amy, you may want to try eBay - mine's a Paragon Quickfire. Or there's the stovetop method or torch firing, which I read can be trickier.

Your packaging looks beautiful, Emma! I love the ribbon holding the invoice to the box. I'm such a sucker for pretty packaging. :)