Saturday, January 9, 2010

Making Mistakes.

I've made many over the last couple of months. But cuz I'm only new at this, I really try hard not to let it put me off. I am my harshest critic and I can give up easily. Since it's gotten so hot again, I struggle to find the energy to try to make anything. And I don't get a whole lot of time to myself yet. So mistakes are bound to happen for me, spesh when I don't get to go with the flow as I'm only in there for 15 minutes and then not again for days and days.

I am working on several pieces and have already made mistakes, cuz I missed a step that was vital to the soldering part of bezel setting :( But I may just be able to fix it yet. If not.......well I have wasted about $10-15 on silver, it's not the end of the world. One day I will get that much dreamt of rolling mill and ingots and crucibles and I will be able to remedy those inevitable mistakes.

Until then.....practice, practice, practice....even if it is slow going.

No comments: